| Stone Garden. |
Gua Pawon
I started my trip from Bandung. After asked
google and my friend I decided to go there by train. A little bit surprised
because it only took two thousand rupiahs to Padalarang (now became West
Bandung), where Gua Pawon located. From the nearest station I continued with
angkot, local transportation to Gunung Masigit Village, Kecamatan Cipatat Region,
with the same price as train ticket. And then took ojek, a motorbike transportation,
to Gua Pawon location because it was about 5 km from the road. The road itself
was slippery and uphill.
| Gua Pawon Nameplate. |
When I came,
there no one except me. So I enjoy the cave by my self. I probably thought I
went to the wrong place if I didn’t see the cave name placed infront of the cave. The entrance
of this old cave was quit small, not as big as I thought. Lot of guamo in the
base made me to close my nose with my handkerchief.
The size of
the cave made me thought how many people could this cave capable to live in. As
I read in related article I knew that the cave men lived in here from many
different era. So maybe in thousand years ago the size of Gua Pawon hundred
times bigger than right now. Maybe.
| Gua Pawon. |
| Entrance of Gua Pawon. |
Stone
Garden
In the top
of the hill which Gua Pawon lay down, there were hundreds of stones all over
the hill. The stones coloured in white and grey. Around the stones were green grass, so the combination of grey stones
and the green grass made an awesome view. The size of it ranged from size of an
apple until three times the height of me. Standing in the middle of these hundreds ofstone,
alone, I felt so strange.
Locals call
this hill as Taman Batu (Stone Garden).
Maybe it got this name because of the stones covered the hill like a tree that
come out from the ground. It was actually an micro-karst forming phenomenon that protrude stone from the ground which makes this hill top like that.
| Stone Garden with Valley in the Background. |
| Stone Garden from Top. |
What made me
would always remember this place was the momment I walked from Gua Pawon to the
Stone Garden. I didn’t know the way, so I just cross the grass and corn fields.
And in the way I walked, I fainted until twice. I didn’t know why I could
faint. That was the first time I faint while trekking. Many many times I had
been trekking and only in Gua Pawon I fainted. Lucky me I’d gotten first aid
training, so when I found my self felt faint symptoms, on with it I layed down
and put my foods higher than my head. I didn’t know how long I fainted. But
after I woke up, I walked again continue my trip.
| Lime Hill digging. |
From the
hill we could see the whole valley. As I seen was green scenery until the
horizon. A wide rice fields with a few house near it and lot of trees around
the village. But unfortunetly in a back left of the Pawon Cave, there lot of
bulldozer dig the hill to get its minerals. Yeah, a cave always located in
karst area, and karst contains lime mineral which where the main material for
cement factory.
cool info....
ReplyDeletenovan jacktour.com
Thanks dude. :)
Delete